I am going to be honest with ya. I am exhausted. I am tired of work. I am tired of cleaning. I am just plain tired. So tired that my eyes are itching. (No, it’s not pink eye.)
When I am tired, I am lazy. All I want to do it sit on the couch and watch Ellen. She can turn any frown upside down. I just love her and wish I had her confidence and humorous bone.
Speaking of LAZY.. here are my foods recently for this week’s WIAW (thanks to Jenn). I haven’t been putting in any sort of effort.. but there is a yummy soup recipe 🙂
the ultimate bite…
Snack: a bowl of peanut flour.. just like the one from breakfast.
I told you, I am BORING!
BUT…. this recipe is EASY and delicious. I make it at least twice a week in the winter time…
Homemade Chicken and Vegetable Soup
-1 onion, diced
-4 celery sticks
-2 chicken breasts, diced
-6-10 cups chicken stock
-2 bay leaves
-black pepper (optional)
1. In a large stock pot, sautee onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
2. While onion is cooking, chop celery and carrots.
3. Stir in veggies.
4. After veggies are starting to smell yummy (and become warm), stir in chicken.
5. Add in chicken stock. Stir.
6. Throw in bay leaves and sprinkle pepper. Let soup sit until it comes to a boil.
7. Turn heat down to low. Let sit 10 minutes (or until veggies are tender to your liking).
I promise you will like this recipe. Don’t forget to take out the bay leaves!
I hope you have been more active and upbeat than I have been…
Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.
Question: What pulls you out of a rut??