Hash? What’s hash? I actually had no idea! I always heard of it as “Corned Beef Hash,” but I was a little late on that boat because I have been all out of corned beef for weeks!
Let me save you the trouble–don’t google “What is hash?” There are some interesting sites that pop up. (Apologies–this is hash the FOOD I am referring to).
Any who–turns out HASH is a dish consisting of diced meat, potatoes, and spices that are mixed together and then cooked either alone or with other ingredients such as onions. (Source)
I went along with this yet omitted the meat. It turned out great!
This was paired well with two eggs and sauteed cabbage (my fave).
Sweet Potato Hash
-1/4 onion, chopped
-half sweet potato, cooked & cubed
-1/2 T coconut oil
-1/4 teaspoon each of onion, garlic, paprika
-sprinkle of salt
1. Spray a pan with nonstick spray (or use more coconut oil)
2. Cook up the onion until translucent on medium-high.
3. Add in cubed sweet potato (I left the skin on) and let cubes sit in pan.
4. Leave the potato alone to get a nice sear. Then flip.
5. Stir in coconut oil. Coat potato.
6. Add in spices and stir to coat.
7. Sprinkle salt.
8. Serve up & enjoy.
Before I demolished the plate!
Question: Ever had a hash before? I hadn’t! haha.. and liked it 🙂