I don’t talk much about my work life. Outside of working out, eating healthy, and enjoying life, I am an elementary school teacher. I love my job and experiencing the innocence of children.
Another reason I love my job… SPRING BREAK! 🙂
As of yesterday, I have two glorious weeks off.
In college, my breaks were full of trips.
My freshmen year of college was Lake Havasu.. that was a FUN one. Drinks, sun, boats… We did it all.
My sophomore year I went to New York City with my college BFF, Melinda. We had a blast exploring the city.
My junior year Spring Break was spent in Nebraska, South Dakota, and Minnesota. haha. What a change from the previous years, right? It was one of my other best friend’s 21st birthdays–we celebrated & then went to Mall of America. (In fact, today is her birthday–HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIZ!!!)
My last break in college was spent relaxing and prepping for graduation. I soaked up the sun and loved every last minute..
…Nowadays, my breaks aren’t nearly as exciting. It is funny how times change. I would go back to college in a heartbeat, but I wouldn’t trade my life now for anything! I enjoy my job, my BF, and all the craziness that comes along the way with being “grown up.”
Here is a list of things I hope to accomplish in the next two weeks… Hold me to it!
- Finish the last paper of my first year of my Masters degree–one year left!!!
- 6am CrossFit–call me crazy but I am a morning person 110%
- See the lady doc–sorry guys
- Make an appointment to get acupuncture–I will try anything once
- Try recipes that I have marked “to try” 🙂
- Take Stanley to Fiesta Island–a huge off-leash dog park on the beach
- Reach my CrossFit goal–one strict pull-up
- Create 5 new recipes
- Replace the battery in my watch–it’s been forever!
- Catch up on Grey’s Anatomy–I am behind FIVE episodes.. whoops!
So, there is my “to do” list for this Spring Break.. Not exciting but I will be marking things off that need to get done.
I’ll be recapping this after the break is over–eek!
Question: Did you ever go anywhere fun & exciting over your school breaks?