I have never really been a fan of warm fruit.
Apple Pie? blech. Pineapple on pizza? blech.
^^^my face when you serve me warm fruit..
So, to me, this warm blueberry sauce is a stretch..
To me, this is STRANGE but GOOD. Click over to see what #strangebutgood Laura has concocted this week!
However, I may have turned a new leaf… I LIKED IT!
Here’s what you need…
-8 oz. chicken breasts, cooked
-1/2 cup white wine, dry (I used a Chardonnay)
-1 sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped
-1 cup frozen blueberries
-Pepper, a couple dashes
-1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Cook chicken breasts.. Slice ’em all fancy 🙂
2. Combine wine, pepper, and chopped rosemary. Let sit for 10 minutes to combine flavors.
3. Defrost blueberries for 30 seconds in the microwave. (I used frozen to have more liquid.)
4. In a small saucepan, combine wine, pepper, & rosemary with blueberries.
5. Bring to a boil. Stir.
6. Add in ACV. Stir and smush bloobs to break and let juice out.
7. Boil for 1-2 minutes.
8. Lower heat and simmer until sauce thickens.
9. Once it is finished, spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with a side of broiled broccoli– I did! …or some other veggie…
You can see that it was horrible… 😉
happy STRANGEbutGOOD friday!
Question: Pineapple on pizza? yay or nay?
–I can’t do it! I even tried the broiling the grapefruit deal.. Couldn’t even pretend I liked it to post it. haha