Every Sunday I make 8-10 chicken breasts.. Seems like a lot but we eat chicken almost every night of the week. It’s easy & healthy. I try to think of new ways to jazz up the meat.. sometimes we just eat it plain but that cannot be done every night.. unless we want to go crazy!
Monday night was one of the nights where I needed to get creative. Work was busy.. and I wanted to take my mind off that & keep my mind busy in the kitchen!
Here is what I came up with… It may not be pretty, but it’s tasty!
Paleo Spicy Tomato Chicken
-8 oz chicken, precooked
-3 T tomato paste
-2 T Paleo worcestershire sauce (recipe at the bottom)
-2 T honey
-1 sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped
-1/8 t cayenne
-red pepper flakes (I probably used 1T)
How Ya Do It
1. Preheat broiler on high.
2. Combine tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, honey, rosemary, cayenne, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Wisk together to combine.
3. Cut chicken into strips and lay out on a broiler safe, nonstick pan.
4. Brush about 2/3 of the sauce on the chicken.
5. Put chicken in oven for 4 minutes.
6. Brush remaining sauce on the chicken and broil for 4 more minutes.
Question: What sauces/flavors do you use to jazz up you chicken???
For the paleo worcestershire sauce… I did some research and used this recipe!
Paleo Worcestershire Sauce
-1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar (I used Bragg’s)
-2 T coconut aminos
-2 T water
-1/4t garlic powder
-1/4t ground mustard
-1/4t onion powder
-1/4t ground ginger
-1/8t black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Wisk to mix.
2. Heat sauce while stirring. Bring to a small boil.
3. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Cool. Store in a closed container in the refrigerator.