We all have those super busy days at work or home. Ya know the days where cooking dinner is not in the stars. These days also occur when you are sick in bed with the flu.
That was me last week. (This week I vow to be a new person!!) I knew that I did not have the energy to slave in front of the stove for even ten minutes.
Enter: The Crock Pot.
Easily one of the best inventions since sliced bread. You turn it on and forget about it for hours.
Even if this is you….
This recipe can be done SUCCESSFULLY!
So on my Monday of being sick, I threw in some chicken, liquid, and spices. The meat was ready about 7 hours later. It was moist and full of flavor. Not to mention, this is PALEO, LOW CARB, and HEALTHY!
Easy Peasy Mexi Chicken
-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1 cup chicken broth
-1/2 cup Chunky Medium Pace salsa (or your own) + more to top chicken
-1t garlic powder
-1t chili powder (I like it spicy!)
- Put broth, salsa, and spices in the crock pot. Mix ‘em up.
- Place chicken in mixture and make sure it is covered in sauce.
- Pour a little more salsa on top of the chicken boobies.
- Cover crock pot and put on low for 6-8 hours. (I did about 7…)
- Fifteen minutes before serving time, shred chicken inside pot.
- Serve on top of cabbage (I did!) or as tacos, burritos, etc….
I even had leftovers to eat the next day. Yes, I ate them cold on top of cabbage and a rice cake. Just as good the next day…
Question: What’s your favorite crock pot recipe? Feel free to paste the link to share!