Warm, tomato, parsley, cheese, spice…
My mouth is watering.
The BF wanted something hearty for Super Bowl to go with his pizza. (Isn’t pizza hearty enough?!)
I came up with meatballs in red sauce and decided to roll with it…. (#sorryimnotsorry for the pun)
To make the balls different than “normal” meatballs, I used flaxseed instead of bread crumbs.
Flaxseed adds healthy fat and extra fiber. Winning!
Here’s what I did:::
-20 oz. Jennie O Lean ground turkey
-1/4 cup flaxseed
-1/4 cup parmesan cheese
-1/4 cup chopped parsley
-1 clove garlic + 4 cloves (for sauce)
-s & p
-28 oz. crushed tomatoes
-red pepper flakes
-1 T dried basil
- Combine turkey, flaxseed, cheese, parsley, s&p (use your hands–its way more fun!!)
- Roll balls (I made 28 smaller ones)
- In pan, saute chopped garlic to brown
- Pour tomato sauce into crockpot – add garlic, red pepper flakes (to taste), basil
- Stir to combine sauce ingredients
- Put meat into sauce, cover, and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- When done, sprinkle fresh parsley on top… the house will smell heavenly!
I am thrilled we have leftovers for dinner tonight!
Question: How much do you LOVE the crockpot? Have any fave recipes??