Today is a day of indulgence and I am full accepting that fact. I know that today I will consume more than usual but Super Bowl comes but once a year.
To start the day off, I tackled Cindy. As you can see, she is AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) in 20 minutes of 5 Pull-ups, 10 Push ups, and 15 Squats.
I was huffin’ & puffin’ by the end (and waaayyyy before that), for sure. I finished with 20 rounds & 5 pull-ups, 7 push-ups. In total, that is 105 pull-ups, 207 push ups, and 300 squats. YOWZA! I would say I am ready for the game & the debauchery that will ensue..
I am from a small town in Ventura County, California called Moorpark. I cheer all through high school for the Moorpark High School Musketeers. One of the players on the team was DENNIS PITTA. The name may not ring a bell, but if you are a Baltimore Ravens fan then you know him as the go-to starting Tight End #88.
Being from a small town, everybody knows everybody… This can be good and bad. In this situation, this is wonderful. Moorpark is all abuzz with The Ravens in the Super Bowl today. My facebook feed is crazy with statuses about Dennis Pitta, The Ravens, and the excitement that is brewing.
I became all giddy when I saw that one of the sports writers for the U-T San Diego predicted Dennis to be the first Raven to score a touchdown today!
I am going to be decked out in purple this afternoon as I am cheering on Dennis and the team…
Amongst the cheering, there will be drinks and food a-plenty. Here’s what is on the menu:::
- Sabra Hummus with veggies & Pretzel Crisps
- Shrimp Cocktail (with extra horseradish!!)
- Italian Turkey Meatball (recipe to come soon!!)
- Papa John’s Pizza (The BF’s request)
- Chicken Wings (brought by a friend)
- Some sort of dessert… I am thinking brownies & sugar cookies
- Drinks: Corona Light, Bud Light Platinum, Fireball, Miller High Life, and specialty craft beer from Coronado Brewery and Iron Fire Brewery
ENJOY & Don’t Drink and Drive, PLEASE! =)
Question: What’s on your Super Bowl menu???