Walking through Sprouts the other day, Roasted Edamame caught my eye.. and, even better, it was wasabi flavored! I knew I wanted to make a recipe with this find.
The end result is full of protein and, if I may say so, yummy!
- 2 chicken breasts
- soy sauce (not measured)
- 6 T roasted edamame
- 1 t ginger
- 1/2 cup egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 425.
2. Put edamame in the food processor.
3. Grind them up to small pieces and add in ginger to mix.
4. I put a few dashes of soy sauce in the bag to tenderize and tumble the chicken.
5. Set up the dipping station. Chicken, egg whites, crushed edamame and ginger..
6. When chicken is evenly coated, let it rest in the refrigerator to set the coating.
7. You will want to use a roasting pan for even cooking. No pan? No fear! Place the oven rack on top of your baking sheet =)
(Side Note: I need a roasting pan. Like now.)
8. Bake ’em up for 20-30 minutes!..
The crunchy coating adds a unique flavor and, not to mention, extra protein!
I served the chicken with a side salad of cucumbers, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.. mm mm good.
Question: Wasabi: love it or hate it??
LOVE! You should know by now that I think the spice is nice…