A crazy-talented food blogger over at www.sweettaterblog.com, Katie, has come up with a brilliant idea… and needs OUR help.
Katie’s idea is Plate Share.
Plate Share is an app on your phone that would round up a restaurant bill to the nearest dollar. That “round up” change could be donated to end hunger.
The social, food photo-sharing app would motivate others to follow along and donate. The idea is snap a photo and share it with friends (twitter, facebook, instagram #plateshare).. and then they tell their friends… and then they tell their friends.. and so on and so forth!
The most that would be donated is 99 cents. That is less than one dollar. I know I am not wealthy by any means!… but donating 99 cents each time I ate out, would not break the bank.
Head over to www.plateshare.org for more!
So, what do you think?? Are you in?
If so, spread the word!!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Website: www.plateshare.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/plateshare
- Twitter: @plateshare, @sweettaterblog (Katie Levans, Founder),@startupwkndCLT (where I’m pitching this weekend)
- Hashtags: #plateshare, #endhunger, #CLT, #CLTfood
- Instagram: sweettaterblog (no plateshare instagram yet…)
- 10-second summary: Plate share is a social food photo-sharing smart phone application that empowers each and every one of us to make charitable giving second nature by rounding your restaurant bill to the nearest dollar and donating the change to feed the hungry.
Question: What do you think?