I’ll be honest. I am not a fan of cheesecake. I don’t know if it is the actual flavor that I do not like… or the fact that chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate pie, or anything else chocolate steals the show for me.
One thing I do love though is oatmeal.
Most of the time there is apple cinnamon or brown sugar flavors.. BORING. While in my laboratory (aka my kitchen), I decided to embrace the cheesecake. Love the cheesecake. Accept it for its creamy goodness…
I searched around amongst my tools (aka food in fridge) and came across some juicy strawberries and the creamiest of cheeses, Laughing Cow. This combo in oatmeal deserves a #strangebutgood
I knew Laughing Cow would be the perfect addition to oatmeal. It has the creamy taste of cheese without the extra calories!
Many thanks to Laura for the super fun STRANGE BUT GOOD linkup!
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE OATS
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 5 strawberries (save one to top)
- 1 Laughing Cow Swiss Light wedge
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- Sweetener of choice
Here’s what I did:::
- Boil the oats, as usual…
- As the oats are soaking up the water, chops strawberries in a small dish and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Smash strawberries to form a goo.
- Mix Laughing Cow cheese with strawberries.
- As soon as the oatmeal is thickening up, stir in cheesy strawberry mixture.
- After stirring to combine, stream in egg whites (optional, but adds creaminess).
- Once egg whites are cooked, move oats to a bowl.
- Stir in sweetener, if desired.
- Top with a fresh berry & eat up!
It’s as easy as…..
So BERRY good…
I may not order strawberry cheesecake for dessert, but I would definitely order these!
Question: cheesecake… yay or nay?