Chocolate + Avocado = CHOCADO!!
You read that right. I did it. I put the two together.
Since my new found love for avocados and all of their creamy glory…
I had to try to incorporate them into my morning love of oatmeal.
STRANGE but GOOD.
Head over to Laura’s blog to see what else has been cookin’… #strangebutgood
I smashed the avocado in a separate bowl…
I then added it to my already boiling water and oats…
I mixed in unsweetened cocoa powder, egg whites, and vanilla extract.
I mixed in half of a banana to get it melty and sweet.
Soon enough… the oats had soaked up the water and my chocolate avocado breakfast heaven was ready!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 – 1/2 avocado
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 banana or sweetener (optional)
- Boil water and mix in oats.
- While oats are beginning to cook, smash avocado in a small bowl.
- Once oats have started to soak up the water, mix in avocado.
- Add in unsweetened cocoa powder, egg whites, and vanilla extract.
- Once incorporated, sweeten ’em up.
- Cook until oats are thick!
- Enjoy =)
Question: Any crazy avocado dishes you know of and love? Do share!