Growing up, I despised avocados. They were the one thing I would not eat (along with mayo and sour cream).
I’m not sure if it was because my mom wasn’t a fan, therefore I couldn’t like them. Mom always knows best, right?
Over the holidays, The BF and I visited his mom in Atlanta. Bless her because she is from Mexico and makes FABULOUS food. Long story short, I tried guacamole. I liked it.
I have been trying to incorporate more of the green nutrient-dense FRUIT into my diet.
Here are some reasons why:
1. Monosaturated fats: lower blood cholesterol
2. Vitamin K: needed for blood clotting
3. Folate: development of healthy cells and tissues
4. Potassium: acts like an electrolyte, needed for muscle building
5. Vitamin E: forms red blood cells, good for skin and hair
6. Lutein: keeps eyes healthy
7. Vitamin C: growth and repair of tissues
8. Vitamin B6: helps immune system make antibodies
SERIOUSLY??? Look what I have been missing out on all these years!!
You can bet you will see these puppies showing up VERY soon.. I forsee them in a #strangebutgood post on Friday!
Question: Love them or hate them!!?